At RideTrails, we wish to promote OHV use in a positive light. In doing so, we want member site content to also promote OHV use in a positive light.
To promote positive views on OHV use, member-site content should conform with mission of the National Off Highway Vehicle Conservation Council (NOHVCC) mission, or the safety rules promoted by the ATV Safety Institute and the Recreational Off-Highway Vehicle Association. For reference, The NOHVCC mission (emphasis added) is to:
- Help establish new OHV clubs and state associations where they don’t exist;
- Strengthen existing clubs and state associations by providing information, training and services to help them be more effective;
- Improve and promote responsible OHV recreation management and resource protection by working in partnership with private and public land managers and recreation planners;
- Provide and promote best management practices for OHV recreation planning, development and management to policy makers;
- Promote a positive OHV recreation image to all publics;
- Build a better understanding of responsible OHV recreation among all publics;
- Build recognition and acceptance that OHV recreation is a positive activity and promotes a responsible lifestyle;
- Provide broad-based, ongoing educational opportunities for OHV recreationists, recreation planners and decision-makers;
- Provide and promote educational, safety, ethics, environmental and character-building programs for all OHV recreationists including youth; and
- Emphasize the benefits of responsible recreation behavior and raise awareness of the impacts from irresponsible recreation activity.
Because of our desire to positively-promote OHV use, RideTrails prohibits posting of content that:
- Shows ATV or OHV use with riders not wearing or properly using industry-standard safety equipment and gear including, (but not limited to): seat belts, helmets, long sleeves, long pants, gloves, eye protection, over-the-ankle boots, and other personal protective equipment
- Shows riders with body parts outside of Jeeps or side-by-side vehicles
- Shows active riding of OHVs on paved surfaces with OHVs not intended for street use (with the exception of crossing roads from one trail to another)
- Shows riders riding in areas where OHV use is expressly prohibited
- Shows riders exceeding posted or otherwise safe speeds
- Shows riders engaged in the use of or under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Shows riders using vehicles that are not age-appropriate (e.g. children riding adult ATVs, or children under 16 driving ROVs)
- Shows riders exceeding the passenger limit for any vehicle depicted in the content
In accordance with the RideTrails Terms of Service, content that does not conform with these guidelines and restrictions may be changed or removed at the discretion of RideTrails, LLC.
Thank you for your assistance in promoting our sport in a positive, safe, and fun manner! If you have any questions, please direct them to our contact form on the right-hand side of this page.